Friday, February 20, 2009

Cover Letter Advice

I agree with the advice on making a cover letter short and to the point. I also agree the importance that the section “The Best use of a Cover Letter” stresses about making it apparent that you have done research on the company you are applying for. I think knowing a lot about the company can make a big impact on your future employer. I couldn’t really find anything in the different sections that I disagree with, and I think each part makes valid points about improving the cover letter. I feel like the section with the sample cover letter is the most useful to me personally. This is because the checklist does not really go into detail about what should be included in the cover letter, so the sample makes the points in the checklist clearer. I wasn’t aware that you can incorporate testimonials into your cover letters, but I think that would definitely make the cover letter stand out more. I may add that to my letter for the interview, because I think it adds a personal touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment